Wednesday, August 4, 2010














Up super early this morning. A the turtle project has driven me from my bed. In addition, I need to reset my circadian clock, so I can get up tomorrow morning at 4am for my trip to Tidewater Virginia. It is raining. The Relative Humidity is 83% with a Dew Point of 72F, so it had to rain. Our Low today is 74F., and our High today is 92F. The Barometer is 29.96 and falling. We will have winds out of the South/Southwest at 10 to 15 mph.

Today, I will finish the Cameron Commission (note here: the client has not/ will not return my calls. However, I like this panel, so I intend to take it to completion. If the client does not like it/ want it, I will put it in inventory). Additionally, I intend to finish this Leatherback Turtle, and polish up all of the commissions, get them packed into the car, and get ready to go down to Tidewater Virginia.


Wow! Long day. 14 hours later, and I am just finishing. All 12 commission panels are completed and packed and ready to go to Tidewater Virginia. I say a lot of bird action today. The Blue Grossbeak is still in the neighborhood, which is good, because I know that he will soon leave for Central America for the winter. I am happy he is sticking around and fattening up for the trip.

Tammy & Jeff came by today. They are flooring their home and stopped in to say hello. They ended up buying an Elegant Egret and ordering a custom panel. Just after they left, Bonnie came by with her Mother-in-Law Shirley (a really nice lady) and purchased the Pecan Point Heron, a painted panel that I worked on last month. It never made it to a show, but is a wonderful piece of painted glass. I was very proud of this panel. Bonnie says she is coming back for the Underwater Leather Back panel. We can hope.

In addition to all else, I finished the turtle panel. Boy, we are working our butts off!

It is rumbling thunder, and I am ready for a walk. Once back home in the A/C I only want dinner, a shower, and off to bed. Tomorrow I am up at 3:30 and out the door by 4:am. Another long day. Friday, I think I will paint some glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment