Wednesday, August 25, 2010













7:07

AM

EDT

  • 63 °
  • Partly Cloudy

Feels Like
63°
Relative Humidity
100%
Barometer
29.94
Dew Point
63
°
Visibility
10.00 Miles
UV Index
0 Low
Wind Speed
W 3 mph

A beautiful morning on the river. I was up before the sun and got some good shots of the eagles (mature, immature, and juveniles). When Sherry got up she brought to my attention to a first year doe at the bird feeder. It is really nice to see all of the wildlife and bird life around the studio.

This morning Capt.Bill informed Sherry that his vest went off 4 times last evening. We are concerned, and Sherry is going over this morning to see what is up, whether the vest is defective, or if Bill was having an episode. We are hoping for the best.

Today I must finish my book work (three days now) and hopefully get some glass work done. I need to do a large Starry Nights panel into inventory, and my commission board is again filling. Well, I had better get at it.

Oddly enough, I finally got all of my filings done! I am scheduled through April 2011. These are all preliminary filings. There is no guarantee we will be accepted into every show filed for, so the work will continue into November. This is (next to filing tax) is the most painful aspect of this job.

The eagles are all over the river today. I saw four adults in the big loblolly pine next door. This in addition to two Juveniles in the pines on the other side. I have not seen the Blue Gross Beak this week. Actually, I have not seen the Gross Beak since last Thursday. I think he has finally left for that long trip south. I hope not, but I do believe this was about the time last year he disappeared. I will keep looking, but I don't hold out much hope of seeing him again until next spring. Sherry completed two transoms today, in addition to going over to Capt.Bills to visit and adjust his life vest. What a worker she is. Right now she is grilling pork chops and preparing dinner. She is a great partner to me.

Today

Mostly cloudy early. Isolated thunderstorms may develop this afternoon. High 83F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

83 High

66 Low

30 %



No comments:

Post a Comment