Thursday, August 5, 2010



There is a heat warning in effect today. We will reach into the high 90'sF with a Low of 72F. We have severe thunderstorm warning this afternoon, beginning at 4:30PM and continuing until after 10PM. Winds are out of the South at 5-10 mph, until the storms get here, and than it is anyone's guess (at 5:30PM my wind machine recorded steady winds at 35MPH). The Barometric Pressure is 29.70 and falling.

I was up at 4AM this morning. Sherry got up with me and packed me a lunch, a cooler full of soda's, and made me coffee. I am a lucky, lucky man, to have such a thoughtful wife! I was off by 4:15AM and in the Tidewater region by 8AM, where I made my first delivery. I finished all of my deliveries by noon and was on my way home. I got back just in time for the big storm. Crazy weather. Torrential rains, high winds, thunder and lighting, and in the end, a beautiful rainbow.

Bonnie came by and picked up her leatherback turtle. We hope it fits! If not, I will build one to suit her needs.

The next questions is: to go or not to go. We are flirting with a trip to Florida. I want so badly to see the house, look over my citrus, and just take a long breath away from glass for a few days. However, now I need to build another painted Pecan Point Heron, a silver stained Leatherback in an underwater panel, and finish up two more commissions. And I want very badly to complete two starry night panels. I could take my foiling station along, and at least get the bevels foiled. I just don't know. I think I will kick it around some more with Sherry. If we are going, we will leave very early in the morning, and Sherry has to get her packing done now.

All in all a good day. Sherry finished up Tammy's crab, so that is ready to go.

Now we need to see what decision will be made about Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment