Tuesday, August 17, 2010















Today we will have mostly cloudy skies, with a 30 % chance of scattered thunder-boomer's. The High today will reach 90F., with a low of 72F. Our relative humidity is 94% with the barometer at 30.02 millibars and raising. The dew point is 72F. and we have winds out of the West at 5 mph.

Sherry and I were up at 4:30AM this morning, to prepare for her trip to the Washington Hospital Center to see Capt.Bill. Ruth called last at mid-night with an update. The Hospital Director came in last night at 8PM and informed them that Capt.Bill would be moved to the ICU to get treatment for his blood lose in his leg, and instructed them to pack up there belongings and pack them in their car, as they would no longer be in the room. Ruth informed the Director that they were without a car. The Director promised them a room at the Hotel on the Hospital Campus. Unfortunately, like with so many promises at this facility, they were not forthcoming. Poor Ms. Emmy had to spend the night in a chair, as did Ruth. She sounded frazzled. This morning I dropped Sherry off at Billy's and he is driving her up. She will stay until it is time to come home. I will do Mt. Gretna myself. I have to do this show, and do it successfully, as we have not had a show in 5 weeks.

This morning I am off to try and get a shot of the Osprey diving into the river, and than off to the Studio to finish the panels I have laid out. After that it is "tag & bag" what is completed for inventory. Sherry has a panel laid out and ready for solder, so I will also complete that .

Great Sunrise. Just the right amount of cloud cover. The Osprey showed up, as expected, in his tree. We both watched the sunrise. We both got bored. He left without catching a fish. I left without a picture of him catching a fish. He look apologetic as he flew off down the river looking for his breakfast, as if it were his fault no fish showed up today. Maybe tomorrow. We are both trying hard to get this shot. I did get a shot of an Osprey in a dive, just as he hit the river about 100 yards off shore. However, the only thing I got was a big splash! Not much subject matter there. Well, maybe next time. Now it is off to the Studio to start soldering. I have a lot to do over the next three days, in preparation for Mt. Gretna. I am already missing my Bride.

I got the big Starry Nights done. It has been cleaned and is tagged, entered into inventory, and loaded in the truck. Now I have to continue cleaning and tagging & bagging.

Sherry called and said they did cardiovascular shock therapy on Capt.Bill today, to stabilize his erratic heart beat. Apparently, it is working well. Tomorrow they will search to discover his internal bleeding issue. As it stands, Sherry will catch a ride back home tomorrow afternoon. We will pack the camper and head out on Thursday morning.

The Blue Gross Beak is still here!

Well, back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment