Monday, August 9, 2010



The Leatherback Turtle panel is cut and ground and ready for foil.

The Pecan Point Heron is out of the Kiln, the stain and paints are applied, and the bird is ready for panel construction.

I am happy to report the Blue Gross Beak is still in attendance.













What a great morning! A pleasant 72F. at 5AM when I started my day. The air is thick, with a Relative Humidity of 100%. I can not see the Virginia Shoreline this morning, which means we are in for a Hazy, Hot, and Humid day. The High today is going to be 92F. and the Low last night was 69F. We only have a 10% chance of rain, but it certainly feels possible, we a dew point of 72F. The Barometer is 30.03 and steady.

I got some good shots of the Hummers this morning. A new pair has moved into the neighborhood (may be a migrant pair). It is driving the Male Ruby Throated Hummingbird to distraction! Still, I got some pretty good shots this morning. Tomorrow it is my goal to get set up for some good Osprey fish strikes. I think I can get set up for this, and possibly get a good shot, as the juvenile Osprey is pretty used to me, and sits perched in the Pecan Tree on the shoreline. I think I can get a good shot.

Today I will finish the Turtle and move on to cutting out the Pecan Point Heron. Sherry is going to finish her Elegant Egret and than head over to the Hospital. She has to be present when the Doctors make their rounds, as Ms.Emmy and Capt.Bill and not able to digest the medical jargon. As I have said a number to times over the last few days, Sherry is a wonderful person. Her folks are lucky to have a daughter so attentive to their needs. She really sacrifices. I know that the other children would do the same if they were able, and I am certain the distance, and not knowing is distressful to them. It is good that Sherry is in attendance, and willing to do these difficult tasks. Ms. Emmy certainly did a good job!

Speaking of which; Uncle Billy was the Knight in Shining Armor (shining boat?) yesterday. Jess & John broke down in the river yesterday, between our house and Newtowne Neck Point. Boy did I ever feel impotent! There was nothing I could do. Billy on the other hand dropped everything and came to their rescue. (I should make a note here: Billy has stripped all of the siding off of his house, and is in the process of installing siding. A really bid deal. So to just drop that and go help someone on the river is a very big sacrifice). Not only did he tow them back to Love Point in Breton Bay (a bit of a haul), he loaded them up and took them back out to the Island to catch some Rock. I think they got three keepers. A Big Thanks to Billy for rescuing our little brood!

No comments:

Post a Comment