Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There is a bit of the "Fall" in the air this morning. It is fresh and clean. Virginia is clear and green across the river. Today will break clear and become very cloudy. Our Low today is 71F. and our High today is said to reach into the high 80'sF. We have a 20% chance of rain, although it does not feel like it. Our Barometer is at 30.13 and falling. Winds are south at 5 to 10 mph.

I got the news last evening that the Bohannan Commission is not going to happen until November. Too bad. This will cause us to not travel to our Florida Studio, as we do not have a delivery, so we can not go. Sherry could trump this, as she is hot to go down. I am always hot to go down, but can not justify the trip, if I can not make any money while we are there. It will take 4 man days just getting there and getting back, and an additional 4 man days there. We can get a lot done in 8 man days. Additionally, it two weeks Jess & John are getting married (again!), so we do not want to get stuck in Florida and miss the festivities.

This morning I await word on the Cameron Commission. It is foiled up and ready to go. I really like this panel, and will probably finish it and enter it into inventory, even if the client does not like it. I have two days to get finished, make delivery arrangements, and get these panels to the tidewater area of Virginia.

I think today I may start work on the next leatherback turtle project, while Sherry continues work on inventory. Her client is still scheduled to visit her studio today. At Sherry's direction, I hauled out a lot of glass from the truck yesterday, in anticipation of the visit. This is time consuming, and risky, as there is always the chance of damaging glass. Almost always, it never pays. Maybe I am wrong this time. I sure hope so, as we need the money.


No comments:

Post a Comment