Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today we have rain on the river. 50% of showers throughout the day. The relative humidity is 94% and the Dew Point stands at 77F. The air is heavy with moisture. The High today will only reach in to the upper 80'sF while the low will dip down to the high 60's F. Winds are light out of the East at 3 to 5 mph. The Barometer is 29.80 and raising.

I was up at 5am this morning. I did all of the chores that Sherry normally does. What a worker she is. Little stuff, but things that keep this ship afloat. Laundry, fold and put away the cloths from the dryer, load the washer, switch the laundry from the washer into the dryer. Make the bed. Unload the dishwasher. Feed and water the Blue Dog. Put out the trash. All mundane, time consuming annoyances. I really appreciate all that she does. I really appreciate when I have to do it. When the Kids are here, the work doubles! She's a trooper.

I was out again this morning trying to get the shot of the Osprey on the dive. No such luck. He landed in his tree, on his perch, but after an hour, he left for more productive fishing grounds. It must be a pretty good spot, as he is there every morning, and I have seen him catch fish from this perch on two occasions. However, just like anytime anyone takes me fishing, I must be a Johna, as when I sit and watch him with camera in hand, "no fish today". Maybe tomorrow. Art has given me permission to remove a dead tree that limits my field of vision, so that will help some. I am wondering if I "chum" the water before sun up, if that will bring in the fish? I will consider this.

Today, I am off to the Barber, and that down to LaGrange RV to pick up 'Fat Forrest'. Finally, the refrigerator is fixed! It is about time. They say they got the temperature down to 30F. and the freezer down to ZERO! That is a little hard to believe. Regardless, I am off to collect the unit this morning. Than back to the Studio to finish (I hope) the Pecan Point Heron.

I will post any updates on Capt.Bill as the day progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment