Saturday, October 30, 2010

Killian's Big Find! Wow, this Indian Arrowhead is Huge!



















































We had cold air move in over us last night. A frost warning was in effect inland. Out here of the river, we stayed above the mark. Today we will have a mix of sunshine and clouds. Our High will only reach 62F., while our Low will go down to the upper 40's. Our Barometer is steady at 30.24, and the wind has clocked around to the Southwest. Today it will blow at 10 to 15MPH which is much lighter than the last two days. I suspect the low tides of yesterday and the day before are gone for now, and we are back to our regular tide. Our Sunrise came at 7:30AM and our Sunset will occur at 6:09 PM this evening.















I was up before dawn, and checked the "osprey tree" to see if the Eagle had taken during the night. I should have taken my camera, because there was a Barred Owl sitting on a perch. I went for the camera, and just as I got back to the door, the owl swept down on an unsuspecting squirrel. The Owl missed, as did I. I am coming to understanb it is not so much the photos you get as it is the photos you don't get that are the most bothersome.

We have the kids. They came in last evening, after a ghost walk at the Point Lookout Prison of War camp. This morning Sherry fixed the best fresh eggs, country bacon, and jelly toast. The kids finished up breakfast and headed down to Elm Point Beach for some Indian Arrowhead hunting. Killian got The Biggest Point I have ever seen. He found this in an area that Sherry and I passed over no less than two times yesterday. Wow! What a point.

I returned to the house, and took down the Martin House, cleaned it out, painted it, and generally got it ready for the next generation of Martins. I did likewise with the bluebird house, and hung it up on the Martin House Pole. One year this house became home to a family of flying squirrels. I hope by cleaning it up it will become home to the Bluebirds.

Sherry and the kids went over to Capt.Bill's & Ms. Emmy. I am going to patch the roof.







No comments:

Post a Comment