Monday, October 25, 2010




Beautiful Purple Skies this morning at sunrise, and a river full of Eagles! I believe they are congregating, both locals and transients, for there are many to be seen.

Today we will have cloudy skies early with scattered thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. Our High will be a glorious 74F and our Low will hit 60F. The chance for rain is 50%. Our relative humidity is 94% and our Dew Point is 61F. The Barometer is 30.02 inches and falling. I feel certain we will get the rain this afternoon. The winds are from the South at 5 to 10 MPH on the river. Our sunrise came this morning at 7:24AM and will set this evening at 6:15PM.

I was up late this morning (7AM) but in plenty of time to see a beautiful sunrise. The eagles, as stated earlier, are all over the river. I have waited for a shot like the ones at the beginning of this post all year. Eagle in close, with sun coming up behind! It is not nearly as good as I had imagined it would be, but it happened so quickly I had little to prepare the shot. Oh well, I am a patient man and the opportunity will again present at some point in the future.

Jess came over this morning to beach comb with Sherry. John left work to accommodate the venture. Someone had to get little Killian on the bus, and John volunteered. He is a very special Husband to Jess. Not too many I know would be so kind as to modify their day, in order to allow their wife to beach comb. He is a wonderful man, and Jess is abundantly fortunate to have him for a mate.

I think he, much like myself, likes to see Mother and Daughter get together and go off doing things like beach combing. They do so enjoy their time together. They really like being in each others company, so it is good they have the opportunity.

The netters are out this morning, and finished up in record time. I do not know if this is the full moon that made the net empty, or if the river is just changing with the season. Regardless the net seemed to me to be pretty near empty this morning. Most times they fish it, the skiff is full to the gunnel's and pretty much overflowing with fish. It is funny to me to watch the skiff through the spotter scope as it pulls away, fish a-flapping all along the top boards. One or two will flip overboard and I think "free again". I wonder if a fish knows when he has escaped the frying pan?

Well, these were good photos to post this morning. Now I had best get to work on my glass. It is Monday, and we do not have a show until the second week in November. However, there is much to do during this down time; prepare the house for leaving, pack up the trailer with both studios, build inventory, and finish out the last of the commissions. It is a busy life with always something to do. It is also a most satisfying life. As my Late Aunt Treva would say, "...if not for work, what would we have?". She was certainly correct when she said this thing to me.

Now, off to work!

Well, it is twelve hours since I began work in the studio this morning, and the day is done. How fast time seems to zip by.

Sherry has fixed a big kettle of Black Beans and rice with sausage, so I am off to dinner. It is a good dish, as the weather has turned a bit chilly, and the winds are brisk out of the South at 25mph, with gusts to 30mph.

I have three Wright Transoms on deck and ready for solder. Sherry has completed two torso's and a large peacock panel. We continue to produce. Life is wonderful.

































No comments:

Post a Comment