Friday, October 22, 2010








An absolutely beautiful day on the river this morning. Today we will have no rain with sunny skies. Our High will only reach 61F and our Low is going down to 37F, our lowest temperature thus far. The relative humidity is 81% and our dew point is a low 36F. The Barometer is 30.02 and steady. No wind to speak of. Our sun up will come at 7:21AM and will set this evening at 6:19PM.

It is cold this morning and the air is crisp, clean and very clear of any moisture. The sunrise should be spectacular, and I am going to go now and get a few shots before I finish this post.

This pit, (Pete-ie) stopped by to say 'hello' this morning. I fed him up, gave him water and waited for his master to come and collect him. Sure enough, along about an hour later, a guy in a Jeep showed up and Pete-ie jumped right in.
Only two Eagles this morning, both far out on the river fishing for their breakfast.
The colors on the river were magnificent this morning. Just a few clouds hung on the horizon, far out over the ocean this morning.
Once dawn broke, the birds began flying about the river. Ducks, geese, gulls, herons and the lone Eagle were all in attendance.

The early dawn colors were stunning..
... an Oysterman heads out on his way up the Wicomico to scratch a bushel or two of oysters.

I could hear the guns of autumn this morning. Some kid after squirrel, no doubt. They are no good until after the first frost, as they still have the parasitic worms we use to call 'wolves' when I was a kid. These worms lie beneath the fur, and only complete their cycle following a hard freeze. Until that occurs, you would have to be pretty hungry to eat the meat of an infected Bushy Tail, as the meat is sour and full of pustulence.




We had an enjoyable evening yesterday with Art & Nancy. Nancy served up the popular Murphy's Fried Chicken and all of the fixin's. Dessert was Amish fresh baked apple pie with ice cream. Nancy sent us off with a jug of fresh maple syrup and Sherry got a very nice belated birthday gift; a lamp worked necklace and earrings. It was a wonderful time. We miss our Texas Neighbors when they are away. Nancy paid me a great compliment, asking for my SD Photo Cards to load on her computer. She has in mind to print and frame them for the Cabins. What a good feeling this gave me, to think someone would actually want my photographs on their walls!

Capt.Bill and Ms.Emmy came by yesterday for a visit. We pulled up Leah's wedding photos on the computer, and both hunched over the machine to view the album. They seemed to greatly enjoy this.

Yesterday I got all of the glass off loaded from the truck. Today I must solder up my panels, load the truck, and prepare for our show in Waldorf tomorrow.

I have to pause here for a moment and say how fortunate I feel to have the life I have. I have a most wondrous bride, who, going into our Tenth Year, has nothing but love and kindness for me everyday. She is a great mate, a great partner, my confidant, my adviser, my partner, my Lover and my Best Friend. I wonder at times, at just how lucky I am to have found her, to have captured her heart, and to have had her for this shot period of my life.

Mostly, I wonder now, how it is that I had managed to live even as long as I did, without her.

Thank you Lord, for I a blessed indeed!

Well, time to get at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment