Wednesday, October 27, 2010



The Netters are pulling their stobs. The nets went in early this week, and the hedge is coming down and being floated back into the bay to be stored until next spring. The fish are safe, the Cormorants have no more perch, and the Blue Heron will have to work for their catch.

I could see the Coast Guard replacing the light at Newtowne Neck. I called this in on Monday, as the light was out for most of a week. They came and made the repair pretty quickly. There must not be a lot for them to do on the river these days.



We will have rain this morning and scattered thunderstorms for the afternoon. A few of these storms may be severe. Our High temperature today will hit 76F and our Low will reach 60F. Our chance of rain is 70%. The relative humidity is 100% and the Dew Point is 70F. The Barometer is 29.91 inches. Our Sunrise will occur this morning at 7:26AM and will set tonight at 6:12PM. The winds are from the South/Southwest at 5 to 10mph.

Today I will finish up the transoms, and get started on a potential commission. In the event the commission does not come through, I will still have a nice panel for inventory.

We have overcast clouds this morning, so I will not get a sunrise. However, maybe an Eagle or two will do a fly-by and give me a shot. We will see.

Last night we had Pizza & Movie night at the Raley's. It was great fun. We really should take more time to do this sort of thing more often. Now that we are "short-timing" we are trying to cram in all of the visiting we can. Normally, it is not so much taking the time, as having the time to take. Oh well. This weekend we will get the kids, and that will be good fun. The woods are wonderful to walk in this time of year, as all of the ticks and biting bugs are gone. We will hope for good weather.

We were under a Tornado watch all day. Some violent storms moved through at around 5PM. We had a beautiful rainbow form out over Newtowne Neck. By the time I got to the Camera, it was all but gone.

The Eagles waited out the storm in their pine tree. On the way to the post box this afternoon, I found a very large (over 28-inches) Rockfish, the obvious (dropped) meal of an Eagle. On occasion, they drop these from high up in the sky, and they make a mess where ever they land. We have had fish on our cars, trucks and sheds, all dropped by the Eagles, or, in summer months, Osprey. I got the shovel, and relocated the fish to the beach, in the hopes of seeing an Eagle dine on it. We shall see.

I completed four transoms today, and have cut and foiled another in green. Sherry is working away on her side, making everything from palm trees to dragonfly's. She is a worker.

We had a nice walk this afternoon, and got caught in the rain. It was pleasant, walking with Sherry. She is, as a matter of course, a good walker, and good talker, a good listener, a good business partner, a best friend, and a GREAT wife to me!

Back to work!

























So at about 7PM I get a phone call from Capt.Bill. I was right in the middle of fluxing up a panel for solder when the phone rang. Capt.Bill says "...go outside and look at the thunderhead going down the river". It is really throwing some lightening. So I grabbed the camera and off I go. Wow! what a light show. Down river over Coles Point Virginia the thunderhead just sat and beat hell out of the river! What a magnificent display of Mother Nature's powers! I was not able to really adjust the lens and setting, but I did get (what I consider to be) some pretty good shots. This is the first time I have ever captured Lightening on film! What a show, what a show.



No comments:

Post a Comment