Friday, October 1, 2010


Happy Birthday Blaine! It is difficult to believe that 26 years ago Blaine came into my life. I remember everything as if happened yesterday. He was a beautiful baby, and I was thrilled beyond belief when I realized he was a he, and perfect he was. My, how those 26 years have flown by.
The Cats in the Cradle.

The remnants of of Tropical Storm Nichole are still with us this morning, with a few showers and overcast skies. It will be windy this afternoon with 10 to 20 mph winds out of the North/Northwest. Gust to 30mph are predicted. The chance for additional rain is 30% and the relativity humidity is at 93%, with a dew point at 60F. The High today is 67F. and the Low tonight is 57F.. The barometric pressure stands at a steady 29.59 inches. Our sunrise this morning came at 6:57AM under cloudy skies. It will set tonight at 6:44PM. The days are getting shorter, while the nights are getting longer and the temperatures are certainly turning chilly.

We spent a wonderful evening with the Raleys yesterday. We had take-out pizza and birthday cake. Jess showed us all of her pictures from the St.Mary's wedding. John was packing the truck for the trip to Maine, while Jess showed Sherry all that was required to run that house during her absents. I asked John what he would like me to do, and, as expected, he said "nothing". He would not ask for help if it killed him! He is a great guy, and Jess is fortunate to have him. Sherry will certainly have her hands full with the kids. I do not know how Jess does it. So much work to do at home, and a Real Estate career on top of that. My, what a load to live under.

We got home at 10PM and went straight to bed. Sherry was exhausted just from the thought of all that work!

We were up at 7AM with news that the schools are closed due to flooding, and the kids will be at home today. Great Mills is underwater again, the second time in the last 50 years. Not since Hurricane Camille in August 1969 has Great Mills flooded to this extent. Back than, as a 15year old boy, it was quite a good time for us. Pat Rice and I walked down to the town where we found the entire area from A&M Glass to the Brass Rail under water. The St.Mary's had come completely out of it's banks. We Jumped right in, as it was August, and swam from one end of town to the other. After which we swam back and walked as far down Adkins Road as we could to the Langley Trailer Park, which was also under water. From there we marched back home and walked across Mr. Thompson's farm to the River. The entire marsh was under water, causing the area to look as if it were a large bay, rather than the great salt marsh it normally was. That was a great time we had during that flood, not understanding at all the work and devastation it caused so many lives. I suppose today is no different.

Sherry continues to pack for her 10days at Jess & Johns, and I prepare for my long trip to Lewes Delaware. I will leave shortly, so I might set up this afternoon.

And so, here we go!

I arrived here at 2PM sharp, unhooked the trailer and went straight to work setting up for tomorrow. I got just about as far as I could, and knocked off at around 5PM. Back to the trailer for some stuffed ham sandwiches, clean up and off to bed. Tomorrow I will get up at 4:30AM and go straight to work completing my set up, and preparing what promises to be a banner day!

I surely do miss Sherry. She does so much to keep this thing going. I hardly realize it until she is not her. All of the little thing that make life easy, and are lost on me. Shame on me for not noticing how wonderful my wife is. I am a very luck man to have her in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment