Wednesday, October 6, 2010






Up this morning at 5AM to catch the Crescent Moon rise at 5:42AM. The air is crisp and cold and the sky was clear on the Eastern Horizon. I made coffee and set up my irons to start soldering the Pecan Point Heron. I went to the river at 5:40 and waited. Right on time the Moon came up as predicted. The Shot would have been spectacular, low clouds just above the pink crescent reflected just a hint of light along the cloud bank. I turned on the camera and...dead battery's. I rushed inside, changed the battery's and back outside to find the moon had moved behind the cloud bank. Oh well. The nice thing about the moon is it will return again tomorrow morning.

Today it is predicted we will have a mix of clouds and Sun during the morning giving way to mostly cloudy skies this afternoon. There is a slight chance of a rain shower (20%). The High today is 64F and the Low tonight is 48F. The winds are West/Southwest at 5 to 10 MPH. The relative humidity is 100% and the dew point is 46F. The Barometer is steady at 30.01 inches.

A Bald Eagle at Sunrise




The Blue Water Trawler 'MoJo' gunkholing in front of the house. This is a beautiful vessel that came from up river. I suspect it is repositioning south.






I got the Pecan Point Heron completed today, and went to work straight away on a "Circles & Arrows" transom. Sherry completed a ton of stuff today, sunbursts, c19's, transoms et al. She is amazing. I am lost without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment