Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There is a murder of crows at my window, making a riot with the Horned Owl that lives in the Pine woods by the studio. The Eagle will dine contently with the Vulture, as will the crow, but the crow hates the Eagle and the Owl. I am tempted to go and see the fight, but my glass is calling for completion, and so the fight will have to wait. The woods are wondrous walk this time of year. No deer ticks to bring on the Lyme's. With the leaf drop, there is much to see. If we get the rain promised, we will have mushroom. I should go and take my field guide.

Our far neighbor Jim and his dog Champ walked up to the studio for a visit this morning, and told me of a deer hiding in the wood by the road. I walked up and found this first year Button Buck in his hide-y place, and got these shots. He was very hard to locate, and well camouflaged back in the thicket. I love my living in the country. There is always so much to see, if only you take the time to stop and look.










Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. High of 77F. and a Low 67F. The chance of rain is 30%. The Relativity Humidity is 100% and the Dew Point is 61F. Our winds are out of the Southwest at 6MPH. Our sunrise will come this morning at 7:25AM and will set this evening at 6:13PM. Our moon rise will occur tonight at 8:38PM.

Although it is said that they are only here in Southern Maryland during migration, the Brown Headed Nuthatch was with us all summer. Now he is gone. The White Breasted Nuthatch moves in during the winter, and is not yet arrived. The Red Breasted Nuthatch is with us in the fall, and moves south about the same time the White Breasted Nuthatch arrives.


The Red Breasted Nuthatch has been with us for the past week. This was my first opportunity to get a photo of this tiny, very fast, creeper.
The Northern Flicker has also arrived, but I have not been able to get the shot I need yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment