Sunday, October 3, 2010












Happy Birthday Jess! We wish you love and happiness on your birthday. We hope you and your wonderful husband are enjoying your time together in Maine.

Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers this afternoon. Our High will only reach 65F today, with a Low tonight of 51F. The winds are coming from the North/Northeast at 15 to 20 mph., so we will have a pretty good blow on the river today. The relative humidity stands at 77% with a 52F dew point. The Barometer is at 30.01 inches and steady. Our sunrise came at 7:03 this morning, but I missed it, as I was fast asleep, trying to recover from my big day. I will be awake tonight at 6:46PM when it sets though. I have quite a big day today. I have many chores to attend to, and my commission schedule is backing up. I have some deadlines (4 now) that have got to be honored, and a ton of replacement inventory that has to be completed if I am to have a good show this coming week. The commissions are all coming due at the same time! Everyone wants them completed for some occasion. The pressure is on. If I concentrate on the commissions alone, I can make it. That means that the show inventory suffers, and I will have little to sell this weekend and next. This is why commissions are a double edged sword. When things are slow, you have to have them. When you are in the midst of you "hot" show season, the last thing you want to have to do is create one of a kind commission work. Feast or famine.

Sherry is with the kids at Jess & Johns. She has invited me over for dinner, which I will do. I will spend the night a get up in the morning and help with all of the chores, and than off to our studio to get back to work.

I finished out the day, laying out, cutting and grinding the Rosenbaum transoms, and Colbertson transom. Tomorrow I will lay out and grind the Hurt transom. Than I will begin in earnest to complete them all. Court for dead beat dads in the morning, and than off to work. Dr. Mark called this evening. He will be coming by with his son to collect some glass for a science project tomorrow after 5PM.

Sherry made a perfect dinner tonight. It was so wonderful to see her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment