Saturday, July 31, 2010








Good Morning! Good Morning! Good Morning! What a beautiful day on the river it is this morning. Today we have mostly cloudy skies with a High of 86F. and a Low of 66F. The winds are East/Southeast at 10MPH with a 10% chance of rain. The Barometer is holding steady at 29.98. I can clearly see the Virginia Shoreline, so the humidity must be pretty low. We had a couple of kayaker's come by early this morning. We briefly chatted about the weather and the knuckleheads in Washington and they were on their way. Seems as if everyone now-a-days thinks everyone in Washington is a knucklehead! I am pleased that at least we the people can agree on something. They in Washington seem to be able to agree on nothing. They in Washington are little more than two bullies in the school yard constantly fighting with one another. I do not believe, nor do I trust any of them.
I shot another pic of the Blue Grossbeak, only because I do not know how much longer he will hang around.

Jess & John and The Kids are off to Myrtle Beach. They should arrive late this afternoon. We will miss them. It is awful quite around here with no kids.

This morning I will continue work on the Robyn Commission. I have to do so preliminary drawings and send off the jpeg for approval. I had better get on it.

Here are some of the boarder designs that I went through today in my quest to get just the right color combination for the Robyn Commission. We finally settled on one, a teal / amber combination. I will complete these tomorrow.

Here is the final design.

Sherry completed another "Elegant Egret". We had a nice afternoon walk, and return home where Sherry cooked up some T-Bones on the grill to go along with the home made potato salad she made this morning. A great meal enjoyed on the deck while we looked out across the river at the Virginia Shoreline. There are many many boats on the river this afternoon. Much more than we have seen lately. 5 years ago the river was full of boat. Now-a-days you hardly see any. Must be a sign of the times. However, today the river is full of all manner of watercraft.

This evening is absolutely beautiful. The wind is blowing out of the east/southeast at about 15mph. The Osprey and Eagles love it. The just hang on wing soaring together at 50ft. or so above the water. A wonderful site.

That is it for me today. Some sad news before I close, Cousin Charlie past over to the other side today. Our hearts go out poor little Katie-bug. She is too young to suffer the lose of one so dear. The thing about dogs is, they are too short lived. We hope Katie-bug recovers, and understands that Cousin Charlie is in a better place. The Blue Dog took it pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment