Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today it will be partly cloudy with the chance of a stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. The high today is predicted to reach 94F. with a Low this morning of 71. Winds will be out of the West South/West at 5 to 10mph. Last evening we had a really violent thunderstorm, with plenty of thunder and lightening and a fair share of rain. It has really cleared the humidity out of the air. As you can see in the photo below, you can see the Virginia shoreline this morning. This most certainly will change before the day is done.

The Hummer was back at the feeder this morning, and the Johnny Crane was fishing off of the pier. The Eagles is chortling in a big pine over on Art & Nancy's, and the Osprey is nervously screaming at him from a distance. All is in balance this morning on the river.


Yesterday I patched the studio roof and cleaned out the gutters. That is about as much "house work" that I want to do in this heat. I continue on commissions and inventory, as does Sherry. I am building arun of 9"X9" panels. I have 15 foiled up, and am pushing for an additional 5. 20 will fill a crate. I am also working on the Kovak commission. I continue to fire the rondells, only to have them repeatedly shatter during firing. I tacked fused again yesterday. Two of the rondells were less than perfect, and needed an additional firing. I did this first thing this morning, in the jewelers kiln. When I checked, both had shattered. Back to the drawing board.

Jess collected the kids yesterday at noon. The house is a quite. It is always sad when they leave. Hopefully, they will be back on Friday.

And finally, Happy Birthday to Ms. Emmy. 81 years old today, and still as spry as any woman I have ever known! I bet she has 20+ left.






No comments:

Post a Comment