Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hot hazy and humid today, with a High of 93F., and a Low this morning of 71F. 20% chance of an isolated thunderstorm this afternoon/evening. Winds South/South West at 5 to 10MPH.

This Buck came in this morning at 10AM to get some elderberries, as did I this morning. This is a big bush at the end of the drive-way, next to the post box. They are tasty and full of juice this time of year.



He is the same buck that has been coming around for the past month or so. I can identify him by the white spot on his side.













He is the alpha buck in the area, as is evident by his rack. He is putting on a lot of weight, and his rack is filling out nicely.












He is preparing for the upcoming Rutting Season, when it will be his responsibility to father large numbers of offspring.




















As seen here, he certainly as the equipment to do just that.
















And we don't yet know what the sex of this little fawn is as it is barely a month old.
















Cute as a button, this litter thing came into the bird feeder with its' mother this morning at sun up.




They were after some cracked corn and a cool drink of the fresh.






















Mom also enjoys some sunflower seeds and millet seed.












And everybody loves the elderberry!







I was up early this morning, not to photograph the sun rise, but to get into the studio and get some commission work done. Yesterday I fired (for the third time) Kovack's rondells, and I was anxious to get the installed, and finish up this project. Sherry is continuing her work. She was at the doctors yesterday, shopped, delivered the Novack commissions, collected all of our files from our accountant, and had lunch with Jess. Wow! No wonder she is tired! Today she is off to town to have lunch with Jess and the Kids, and maybe a movie. It is Killians Birthday, so they will celebrate. For me, glass. We are in a bit of a money crunch, and I necessarily have to build glass. The audit robbed me of two weeks of production (for paperwork) and 3K. Not Uncle Sam's fault. I am pretty good at glass art, but I am a lousy bookkeeper. So now I must make it up with harder work. If this is the worst thing I have to deal with in '10, it will have been a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment