Friday, July 16, 2010

Sunshine and a few clouds. Hot. High near 95F. Low 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. A Heat Advisory is in effect today. It is going to be a blistering hot July day on the river. I can but barely see the Virginia shoreline, for the haze. Just another typical hot, hazy and humid day on the Eastern Seaboard.

I tried catching some fish on the high tide this morning, but no one was biting. I will try again this evening once the kids are here. Sherry is going to collect them this afternoon. Hopefully she will pick up a lender camera from Jess, so I can get some pics of the kids. Mine still resides in a bag of rice, drying out from the soaking I gave it on Wednesday. Now I am thinking of this latest greatest camera from Best Buy, but I am having a difficult time justifying the costs. A lender will work fine. Jess's least expensive camera is probably better than my most expensive, so I should be OK.

Sherry is putting the RV together. Even though we will not be using it for at least a month, she is still getting it ready for the next trip. No grass will grow under her feet. She does not know the meaning of procrastination.

I just heard on the Fox News that a 3.7 magnitude earthquake occurred this morning. It is reported that the earthquake was centered in Germantown, Md.. This is indeed, an odd occurrence. The Appalachian Mountains are an old chain of mountains, and seldom see seismic activity.Strange days, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment