Friday, July 30, 2010






A pretty good storm blew through last night, which cleared the air and lowered the humidity. I can clearly see the Virginia Shoreline. Today, our High will only reach 86F. while our Low last night was a pleasant 63F. We have a 0% chance of rain, and our Relative Humidity is 57%. The Barometric Pressure is 29.96 and raising. It looks as if it is going to turn off to be a beautiful day.
I finished up the second Zellmer commission this morning. These six panels are going into an entry door. It was a little difficult getting them sized properly, as the tolerances were very close, but they turned out perfect. I am happy with the results!

Sherry headed into town to Dr. Brown, and to do some shopping. But not before visiting with Jess, who came by on her way to a house she was showing in Coltons Point. Jess & John and the Kids are on their way to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning, so she wanted to stop in to see her Momma before she left. She brought in a load of food and a very nice card to "Mom & Dad". She is a great kid that is easy to love.

I had to shoot another photo of the Blue Grossbeak, as I do not know how much longer he will hang around. I have not seen the female since May, when they first showed up. This is a little disconcerting, as he is not going to hang around, if she is no longer here. What a beautiful bird!

I started work on the Robyn Transoms. I did this preliminary design lay-out, and will send it tomorrow for approval. I unloaded the Leatherback Turtle from the kiln, and loaded the rondells necessary to complete this panel.

This is a nice panel with Wissmack English Muffle in Cranberry boarder, and a "Starry Nights" pattern interior with SI100V and pink ice dichroic.

I silver stained the turtle that I cut out last week and got it in the kiln. I used two different stains, and outlined the texture in the glass. I am very happy with the results. I did ramp up a little too hot, and will turn down the temperature the next time I fire. I got some metalized texture on the hot side of the glass.

I am anxious to get this thing in a panel now, I just have to decide what type of panel, what design, how big, and at what price point. I could go to a smaller panel, and a lower price, but would it be cost effective? I will have to study this. In either case, I have a good turtle to start with.

Tomorrow, approval on Robyn, and take it to construction. Life is wonderful! I love my art.....

No comments:

Post a Comment