Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An old, seasoned "Johnny Crane" is taking a long look at this Juvenile Osprey's breakfast. Johnny is no doubt contemplating how long the odds are, that he can get hold of that fish...This little Juvie is intent on keeping what has to be one of his/her's first catches.
The Johnny readies for the move...
...the juvie readies for the attack...
...just prior to the juvie taking flight (which, I am sad to say, I did not catch on film).

Interesting watching these birds interact. The entire time this transpired, a murder of crows sat watching, waiting for a morsel to fall free. It is pleasant, spending a little time watching nature.


The Official Forecast calls for showers this morning then scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Humid. High near 85F. Lows near 71F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. It looks as if I called it correctly last night. I did not get into the bed until after 2AM, as the caffeine had me a little wired (which I needed to make the trip back). I slept in until 10AM. Sherry is busy this morning with all that she does, which is a lot. Bills to pay, laundry to do, the camper to get together, in addition to checking in on Miss Emmy & Capt. Bill, and of course, her morning call to Jess. This and so much more. She is really a worker, and a hard one at that. She is the best team-mate I could as for. She does not complain, and selflessly works long hours without any prodding from me. I am a blessed man to have such a fine partner in my life!

This morning presents a grueling schedule for me. Off loading the truck (and $7800 in raw materials) and trailer. Getting the trailer readied for our next trip, and organizing files. In addition I have to close out the last job, and ready for the commission schedule facing us. We have a meeting tonight (Just Sherry & I), to look over our schedule and funds, and decide if we need to book a Show during this 5 week break. It looks as if we will need to.

Well, nothing is getting done here. Off I go......

No comments:

Post a Comment