Friday, July 23, 2010

Today we have a heat advisory in effect. The High today was 98F and the Low was77F. We had a mix of sun and clouds. The chance of rain is 20% this evening. Winds are out of the south/southwest at 5 to10mph.












I started the day by picking 15lb.+/- of Elderberries. I got alot, and left plenty for the birds. I will pick earlier next year, as they are at the end of their tastiness.








I placed them in the freezer. Tomorrow I will shake them free of their stems, and package the in individual packs of 1 lb. each. Ruth gave me this helpful hint and I very much appreciate it. I also tagged the bushes with yellow tape. This fall I intend to clean out around the bushes, and relocate some of the smaller ones to Jess & Johns.


In the process of picking, I opened the post box door to hang the full bags on. I came out later, and this Carolina Wren was in the process of building a nest. The standing joke around here is, if you fall asleep in the hammock with your mouth opened, you will awaken with a wren nest in it.









This waterman is hard scrapple. Too many chasing too few. Hard row, this.
















We watched him while we had our coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment