Saturday, May 22, 2010

I managed to get all of the cutting and grinding done before Killian woke up. The Pecan Point Heron is coming on nicely.
Here I have added the tracing lines, shading and (later) the silver stain to the legs and beak. This will mark the first trip into the kiln!



Up this morning at 5AM. Driven from bed by The Bluedog barking in her sleep! She must have been chasing squirrels or something. When I rubbed her head, she awoke, slapped her tail twice, and went back to sleep, hoping I suppose to catch that squirrel. I lay there and thought, "I bet in Heaven, dogs talk". If they do, I hope they are discrete and don't tell all, as I have at times behaved foolishly in front of The Blue Dog.
Very cool this morning with temperatures in the upper 50'sF. Cloudy and overcast, with a chance of rain. We have Killian today. Sherry & Jess are off to Dr.Hocky's in Waldorf, so I get the little guy for the day. Good thing I have a sling-shot as a back-up. I really want to get some glass done today, so I better get at it early, as Killian will occupy most of my day, I am certain.

Here is a shot of a "Johnny Crane" (Great Blue Heron) on the bow of a work boat. I believe this to be my neighbor Lee. Lee lost his wife of many years last winter. She fought a long battle with cancer. She worked the river with him their entire married life. You would see them in all manner of weather, her working right along side. I am certain he misses her greatly, and was happy for the company of the Johnny Crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment