Tuesday, May 4, 2010





Up before the birds this morning. Made coffee and ready to start my day. I still have the Studio to finish unpacking. It is to be a beautiful day, with a Low of 56F. and a High 81. In Palmdale today, a Low of 70F and a High of 90F. We are to have partly cloudy skies with a slight breeze from the SW at 5mph. All in all, a fine spring day in Southern Maryland.

I arrived home last evening at 7:30PM, exactly 10 hours since my departure from Columbus, Ohio at 9:30AM. A long day, but worth the trip. Sherry and I sat around the camper, and discussed what will happen with the interior layout, bed, sofa, table, chairs, TV, etc. This will all be left up to her, with only the heavy lifting, moving, and building/hanging aspect left to me. She has a great sense of space and placement when it comes to these things, so I defer to her better judgement.

The trip was uneventful. I stopped in Cumberland at a Tractor Supply and looked over some of the Gang Boxes they sell. The one I liked (a 17 cubic foot model) is pretty expensive, and would require the battery be moved. I will probably go with this eventually, but for the time being, I am sticking with what I have.

Back home, Sherry reported that the Bluebirds were all over the Purple Martin house. This morning, the Bluebirds are back. The Purple Martin is a particular bird, when it comes to nest site selection. Capt.Bill has so many, there is no more room in his Purple Martin condominium. It takes years to establish a breeding colony of that size. I still have hope. I can not bring myself to run off the Bluebirds, or to chase out the Grackle. Yet, if the box is dirty, the Martin will not look twice.

Well, the sun is up and it is time to get at it. If I do not soon get my hands on some glass, I will surely go insane (it has been a dozen days since I last worked on any glass). Maybe today, I will just paint that turtle I have been thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment