Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally, the Studio is in order, and I can begin making beautiful stained glass! It took quite some time, but finally, it is done. Sherry headed off to Fairfax with Jess to pick up her (Jess, not Sherry) new VW EOS. Before she left, Sherry continued work on (what we affectionately refer to as) Fat Forest. She is getting everything in its' place. I love the way she works. She focuses, organizes, huts and gathers, and finally, when it is done, it will be amazing.

I had birds a plenty today. First the Bluebirds on the Purple Martin house, and than Blue Grossbeaks on the feeders. Last year the Grossbeaks showed up on May 18th. That was their first year here. I am so happy that they have returned. I first saw them, not on the feeders, but making a racket in the bushes. It was than that the male made his move, and a mating occurred. I may have seen a second pair, but it is difficult to say at this time. Regardless, I am happy beyond belief that they have returned. I had switched out the seed this morning, and that seemed to have done it. I can't wait until tomorrow to see if more show up. Next (I hope) the Indigo Buntings?

I started work on my Sea Turtle. I got the form cut out and started silver staining the shell pieces. Tomorrow the bottom of the shell, the flippers and the (all important) head. I did some shading in black tracer on the flippers and head, and they are now ready for staining. I have the layout and surround glass selection work to do. I am so happy to be working again. I hate it when I am away for the glass for too long. I lay in bed, thinking of the next thing I want to do. When I can not follow through with these thoughts, it drives me crazy. I am happy to be back in the saddle again.

The Blue Grossbeak. My new favorite bird. The Grossbeak is to Maryland what the Painted Bunting is to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment