Sunday, May 2, 2010

I awoke this morning to a murder of Crows having a riot outside of my window. They must be arguing with the Eagles, as I have spotted them over a dozen times this morning. The Netters are out early for a Sunday, fishing their Pound Net. They are throwing back huge Rockfish, as I do not think they are allowed.

Much aerial combat between the Eagles and Osprey's this morning. Difficult to get good photos though, as they are quick, and the entire engagement is over within moments.

The river seems to be full of fish, as the Osprey have plenty. There is a nest on Art & Nancy's in a tall pine tree. He continues to bring her fish, while she sits the nest. Occasionally, he brings in more nesting materials, usually in the form of seaweed, branches, and bits of debris. They make a racket, screaming at one another throughout the day. He spends more time chasing off Eagles and other Osprey than fishing. Such a life to have!



The Sun broke blood red this morning, so we will see what the evening brings. It feels like rain, and the air is heavy with moisture. I can not see much of Coles Point, over on the Virginia side, so the air must be very wet and saturated. I drive to Columbus, Ohio today to collect the new RV. I am hopeful that I will get over the Mountains dry!




















No comments:

Post a Comment