Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The day dawned bright and beautiful after a night of high winds and cold temperatures. We had Highs today in the upper 70's, with partly cloudy skies. Sherry headed into town to do the weekly shopping, have lunch with Jess & John, and run her errands. I stayed and foiled two "Comet" panels.

During my foiling, I heard the birds raising a racket by the feeder. I looked out the window and saw this Black Racer working his way out of a hole by the feeder.

This is a big boy, going over 5 ft.He worked his way over to the cherry tree, and started working it's way up to the bird house.

The Carolina Wrens were going crazy. They have a brood in the box, and the Black Racer was getting pretty close. Luckily, the Racer decided he did not way baby wren for dinner, and made his way across the yard. I would not have allowed it to make it to the box, but I did want to see how the whole thing played out. An interesting drama, none the less. I love watching nature at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment