Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beautiful sunrise this morning, as the Bluebird comes in for a landing on his new home. Really cool temperatures this morning, with a Low of 61F. The High today is predicted to go only into the low 70's. There is a good breeze out of the south at 15mph, with gusts to 25mph. A cold front is moving in. Maybe there is some rain with it. I mowed last evening, so I would prefer not to see rain for a while.
The Bluebirds have settled into the Purple Martin condo. They are on the box all of the time now. I don't mind, but I wish they would use the Bluebird Boxes I have put up instead of the Purple Martin House. That way there would be an outside chance of Purple Martins nesting. The Carolina Wrens will be at it soon. They will nest in anything! If you fall asleep with your mouth open during the Wren nesting season, look out! You might wake-up with with a nest in your mouth.
The sunrise over Newtowne Neck was spectacular again this morning. This is fast becoming my favorite part of the day. Hot coffee, a camera and the sunrise. The birds just go crazy at this time of the morning. Tomorrow I will stop and count just how many different species I see.
Here is the sea turtle after all of the glass has come out of the kiln and been washed and dried and ready to be incorporated in the panel. I am pleased with the results. This morning while moving the pieces, I knocked over the board I was moving the pieces on and it fell to the floor, breaking several pieces. This required I start over, which really screws up my costs/time analyst of this panel. I will not produce another panel if I can not make money at it. Now I have no way of knowing if it is a profitable panel or not. As it stands, it is over 4 square foot of panel, so I have to price it at over $450.00. It will be difficult to sell at that price, no matter how nice the finished work is, or how much effort went into producing it. Next time, I will be more careful.
Sherry was off to Killian's school today for "Muffins & Moms". Jess had a Madison affair, so Sherry acted as proxy in her stead. It sounded like she enjoyed herself. Afterward, she had an appointment with Dr.Mark (DDS), which also went well. When she returned home, it was straight to work on Fat Forest, who is coming along nicely. Sherry is an amazing Lady! When it comes to organizing things, she is the absolute best there is.
Now the layout is complete, and I begin the foiling process, in preparation for soldering tomorrow. I like the way the turtle turned out. The staining process went just as planed. I am not thrilled with the overall panel though. The color of the water is all wrong. Too Blue! Maybe when the light comes through the panel it will improve the look. For now though, I am not overly pleased with my work. Well, this is only the first of many to be produced in Abell. Maybe before it is all over I will produce one that I actually like! Until then, I will continue to muddle through.

No comments:

Post a Comment