Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rain showers early with scattered thunderstorms arriving for the afternoon. High 79F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%. A really beautiful morning. The kids started the day crabbing. Only one lone crab decided on a chicken neck dinner though. One crab will make for some pretty thin soup. Maybe more before the weekend is over. They say the crabs are going for $150+ / bushel. That is pretty amazing! Who in the world would ever pay that kind of money for a crab, when you could buy steak & lobster for the same amount?
The Blue Dog is taking in the early morning sun, and keeping a close (blue) eye on the Children. She woke me last night at around mid-night with a "woof", and came to the side of the bed to let me know someone was lurking about. I dressed, armed myself, and went outside to investigate. A car had parked in the neighbors drive (Art & Nancy, currently of Dallas, Tx.), and turned out the lights. Using the wood as cover, I moved in behind the vehicle. By the light of the neighbors security lamp, I could see a young couple in the throws of passion. I recalled as a youngster, being caught in the same compromising position, and so I quietly backed away to return to my bed. Nothing here but some heavy necking by a couple of high school kids. They drove off a short time later (12:30AM by my watch. She must have a 12:30AM curfew). It is a safe place to "park", close to home and secure, so I will do and say nothing. The next time I am alerted by The Blue Dog at mid-night on a Friday/Saturday morning, I will do a more cursory investigation. I have to carefully check these things, as we have a prior neighbor that is under a restraining order, and she is not allowed in the neighborhood. Additionally, we have equipment and storages buildings that have been broken into. Last year someone broke into Sherry's studio in an attempt to gain access to the house. And so, I can not sleep through a "Blue Dog" alert without taking it seriously.
Killian trying to perhaps catch a fish. The tide is all wrong right now, but later today it will be up. If the wind lays down, the skate may come in, than Killing could do some "skate boarding". That is where you hook the skate, jump on a knee board, and let the skate drag you around the river for a bit.


The Waterman are out early this morning, as there will be big demand this weekend for crabs. I do not see them in close, but the crabbers out deep seem to be catching a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment