Sunday, May 23, 2010

I awoke to a wet and gloomy morning. Grey over cast skies. Winds out of the Southeast at 10mph. We had gusts last night to 35mph. Temperatures are in the mid 60's. It looks as if it will rain all day, which means that I stay in my studio and finish this project. I did all of the ring-saw cutting, grinding, painting and firing yesterday on the Heron. Today I will work on the background. I am at a cross roads though. The glass that I have available is very limited, and the blues that I have available clash slightly with the bird. I could go with clears, but I am afraid the panel will lose effect. I could paint the background, and fire it, but than the price of the panel will skyrocket! I could go with a traditional "water/treeline/sky/sun", but artistically, I like the "new look" of the waves across the panel. I could always put it aside, until I do my shopping for new glass at Rainbow in New Jersey next month. What to do? I guess after I get in studio I will come up with something. So far, I'm moderately pleased with the results. Of course, it matters not what pleases me. It is what will please the public that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment