Thursday, November 18, 2010






We have a fog advisory in effect this morning. This will burn off by 8am and we will end up this mostly cloudy skies with an isolated thunderstorm developing in the afternoon. Our High today will reach 83F and our Low tonight will dip into the low 50'sF Our chance of rain is 30%. The relative humidity is 100% and the dew point is 64F. The Barometer is at 30.09 inches and continues to be steady. The winds are calm at 0mph. Our sunrise will come at 6:45AM and will set this evening at 5:31PM.

This morning I must finish watering the fruit trees, and bait the fire ants. Then I will be free to get back to off loading the trailer of glass and the truck of odds and ends. Tomorrow we are off to the Florida Craftsmen Guild for a show in St.Petersburg, so this Thursday is not unlike other Thursdays', in that we must 'tag&bag'.
Well, I must get on it. It will not get done sitting here. Let's see what Florida in generally, and Life specifically, will throw at me today.

We got a ton of stuff done today. The glass is all stowed away, and the studios are all up and running. I built a new lay out / cutting table for Sherry. I moved my paint operations into the kiln shed to make room. Sherry got a lot of yard work. I got the ant bait out, the citrus watered and pruned, and my first application of volk oil spray.
Ethan and Gavin came by today on the 4 wheeler. Gavin is very cute, and wanted to know where his bananas were. I will make a special trip to Clewiston next week to get Gavin some bananas. Beverly came by at dusk. She has written two new songs, and preformed them for Sherry a cappella. She claimed Harley's cousin's stole the sheet music, and are on their way to Nashville to sell the rights. Finally, we got the satellite hooked up today, so we have good TV.

Todd came by, and Bill stopped in. Todd is going to get the pad in for the RV. Additionally, I need to get the raised beds filled, so he is bringing in a load of top soil. I will fill the boxes 4" from the top, and finish them with compro potting soil. They will be ready for planting soon. I started building them in last March, and it has been a long wait. All good things come to those who wait. My next project is the shoat pen. This is a thing I really want to do. Following that, I am going to start on a chicken coup. I may not get that done this year, but by next year I will have vegetable beds, hog pen, and chickens. This is the plan anyway. All in all, I knew it would take a week to get here, and get every thing unpacked and set up ready for work, so we are right on schedule. Tomorrow we are off to St.Pete for the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment