Friday, November 26, 2010



Today in Palmdale we will have some scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing in the afternoon. Our High today will hit 84F, and our Low will go down to 55F. The chance of rain is 30%. Our relative humidity is 68% and our dew point is 54F. The barometer is steady at 30.09. Our winds are out of the North at 5mph. The sun came up this morning at 6:39am. I was still in the bed when this occurred, However, I do expect to be awake when the sun sets this evening at 5:34PM.

Jess called this morning at 4:30AM. She had a "Door Buster" TV and wanted to know if we wanted it. By the time we woke up and said "Yes", it was gone. Oh well. Maybe next year. We went immediately back to sleep.

Jimmy and Connie left last evening at around 7PM. It was a very pleasant day. I always enjoy their company. Sherry did a great job on the food. We took a nice walk around town after dessert. A really good time. We get to see them again this weekend. We will have dinner on Friday and again on Saturday. Connie's Mom arrives at the airport on Sunday, so we will probably help Jimmy pack up, so he can get home at a decent hour.

I received many many fine telephone calls last evening. Friends and Family checking in with me to make sure I was doing alright during the Holiday Season. It was very kind and thoughtful of them, and I thank them all. The calls continued into Friday morning, when George Bragg called to check on me. He is making sure I do not 'slip' and fall backwards, into aged old bad behaviors. It was very touching, his concerns. I received a very nice parcel from Jess in todays mail. She put together a photo album of Blaine, utilizing photos she got from Brinsfield, and others she pulled off of the internet. It was very thoughtful and kind of her. It made me cry buckets. It breaks my heart, to see him so young, so vibrant, so alive, and to think I will never see him again. If a heart could be re-broken, mine was. Heavens, how I miss him.

Sherry will do some Black Friday shopping today, on our way over to Naples. We will stop in Ft.Myers to accomplish this. Apparently, there are good deals to be had on this day. I do not know how I can compete with this, trying as I will to sell art glass the day after Black Friday. Having said that , we generally do well at the Naples show. I know we must stop at the Bass Pro Shop and pick up a predator call for Ethan's Birthday. This is, to me, priority number one.

Well, I am told we must be off. I still have packing to do and some studio housekeeping chores that must be completed. I am beginning to feel momentary jolts of happiness, just like before, when I was generally happy all of the time. They are mild, but I feel them. Maybe I am going to be alright.

We arrived in Naples at 1PM after an uneventful trip across the state. We stopped and did our shopping. First Walmart, and than Bass Pro. Ethan will get a very nice varmint calling kit for his birthday, and I got some much needed ammo (20ga Buck for Blaine's 870 Remington, and 410 Buck/BB for the Tarus Judge). Sherry was eying a Smith & Wesson 38 special (hammerless). She liked it but did not get it. Santa was taking notes. We arrived well in advance of everyone else, got Forrest set up and ready for the weekend. Jimmy & Connie showed up directly after we did. I parked Jimmy's truck for him across the way behind his booth so he did not have to make the long walk over and back (his foot is still giving him trouble). While I was doing this, Sherry & Connie went to the artist check-in. At 4PM we will begin our set up. Tonight we will entertain the Langfords with dinner. Good for them! They get to eat Sherry's Cuban Pork two nights in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment