Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today in Palmdale we had mostly sunny skies with a high of 81F. Our Low tonight will reach down into the mid 50'sF. Our relative humidity was 68% and the dew point stands at 54F. The Barometer stands at 30.09 and is steady,. The winds were out of the North at 5 mph. The Chance of Rain is 0%. The sunrise came at 6:39am and set this evening at 5:34P.

Last night we stopped in South Carolina at Lake Santee Cooper. We were kept up most of the night by the Freezer Semi's. We got up at 3:15 and were packed and ready to roll at 3:45. The trip was uneventful. I started getting 'idiot light' warnings from my alternator in Georgia. By Orlando the light had come on, and stayed on. We reached Sebring and the truck would not start. I had to call Sherry, and ask her to turn around and come back and jump me to start. By Lake Placid, the battery was used up. Luckily, I was able to switch out the truck battery for the RV battery. This was sufficient battery to get me to Palmdale, where we dropped the trailer, and deliver the truck to LaBelle to get the alternator replaced. I should be able to pick up the truck on Thursday, if all goes according to plan. We did some quick shopping, and then back to Palmdale to continue our work.

We returned home and began the busy business of unpacking. The yard looked great. We have plenty of fresh oranges (Valencia's, Satsuma's & Pineapple orange) and the Grapefruit Tree is full. I have a nice crop of sweet native oranges in the back, and papaya's a plenty. I need to prune and spray the citrus though, as they are neglected over the past six months and are in desperate need. Tomorrow, I think.

I got word from Jake today. He seems pleased with his meeting. Blaine's hand is fast at work in this thing. Least wise, this is what I think.

Well, I am tired, and it is time to turn in. I will take my first Florida shower out of doors. I love to shower under the stars. It is so dark here with little or no light pollution, the stars just jump out of the air. It is mild, and you can here the armadillo's scratching their living out of the dirt. The night insects and frogs sing their chorus. The Florida night seems so much more alive than in Maryland.

I look forward to tomorrow with great anticipation. There is much work to do, and I am looking forward to doing it. It is nice to go to bed tired, to think of the next day and all there is to do. It is nice to sleep, and not have to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment