Monday, November 22, 2010








It is beginning to feel like Southern California. Same weather every day.
Today in Palmdale we will have clear skies, with a High in the mid to lower 80's F. Our Low tonight will fall into the mid to lower 50'sF. Our humidity is 100% and the Dew Point is 59F. The Barometer is 30.24 and steady. Our winds are from the Northeast at 5 mph. The sunrise came this morning at 6:48AM and will set this evening at 5:29pm. Our chance of rain is 0%.

Up at 5:30AM this morning, to close out the CraftArt show, and Unique Boutique. I did not have a chance to close out the UB, what with the travel, unpacking, and all. So this thing had to be done. The CraftArt was a huge disappointed, but UB cheered me up. I am hoping the CraftArt is not a sign of things to come, here in Florida. I think the crowd was a local crowd, as most of the snow birds do not make the migration until after Thanksgiving. Some not until after Christmas. The local economy is so depressed, it is difficult to squeeze a dollar out of them. There were some few people with money walking around, but no one was interested in what we had to offer. Of the mid level sellers, Sherry and I were a head of the pack, but this is not a show I would do again.

Todd did a great job with the shell pad. The Travel Trailer fits perfectly. Another improvement made. We have been thinking of this since last year, when we parked the KIA there. Now it is done. On to the next project, which is going to be the raised beds, and getting them filled with top soil, and bagged potting soil. Todd is scheduled to dump a load of dirt this evening. This will give me plenty to keep busy for the next couple of weeks. Now I will be able to start my gardens! And the next project? I am still flirting with chickens. I really love fresh eggs. Three layers, and a cock and we will have all of the eggs we need. The start-up costs are cost prohibitive, but I would really enjoy having chickens again. We shall see.

Today, I might get my hands on some glass, and then again, maybe not. I intend fertilizing the citrus trees, and I want to begin cleaning out the creek. Additionally, I have some other yard chores, as the yard is not yet in shape. We are supposed to get some company today, and we have the Jimmy L's coming for Turkey Day on Thursday. I really need to build some glass for the show in Naples this weekend, but I am just not motivated. I am afraid to do something mindless and mundane, and start again to relive regrets and sad memories of things that could have been. I will never get anything done, if I can't stop dwelling upon these things I can not change. It is just that, I miss him more now, then ever.

Citrus fertilized and watered, as is the star fruit, pomegranate, mango, and the bananas. I had transplanted three bananas last Friday, and they needed watering. I also transplanted Spider Lilly's from Maryland last week, and they also need watering. Once finished with these chores, I stopped for two hours and visited with Jeff G. and his daughter and three grandchildren. Jeff and crew came over from Lehigh Acres where they have property. They left at noon, and I went straight back to work on Sherry's welfare garage. That done, we took a walk around town. We hiked out to the creek via the shell road and got some good shots of two different gators, and a white Ibis. The cypress swamp is beautiful this time of year. It will be more beautiful once the rains come, and the water comes up.
On the way back in we visited with Gator and Evelyn. Milt came by to say hello. We chewed the fat for a minute or two, and then Sherry and I were off to the house to have dinner and get ready for bed.

I do not know what tomorrow will bring. It is time to get back to work on glass. I laid out my tables this afternoon, and Sherry is already grinding. It is time to get at it. Life must go on. I can not continue to "piddle" around, making work, and staying busy for the sake of staying busy. I need to focus, and seriously get back to my art. I need to paint, and I need to build inventory. I have to stop mopping, and get back at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment