Monday, November 1, 2010



A low tide, and clean beach beckoned me this morning, but I turned instead to my work in the studio. Too much to do, and time is getting short. Only 15 days until we depart for the Florida Studio, and there is much preparation required in order to make the transition smoothly. I am finishing up the second Lorrie R. panel (she will select one of the two, the other will go into inventory). I have modified the layout table to begin Judy F's transom. Once these are all completed, and the existing panels are polished and tagged & bagged, I can go back to my last push at inventory. Then the real fun begins; Pack! Pack! Pack! And more Pack! Sherry convinced me t0 walk the beach after lunch. We found two nice points and a beautiful pottery fragment. We are pretty well certain there was a substantial village here at some time in the past. The projectile points are in abundance, as are numerous flakes from stone working. We have found celts, axes, pottery, points, and knives. The Oyster midden is substantial, and appears to have been in existed for a very long time. The many different types of points makes me believe that the village went through many changes as the influences of style and type are numerous. There are large spears that indicate a paleo/archic influence, early/late woodland, and Lavanna quartz points.

We have a small raft of Loon that have moved into the river. They are making their way south of the winter (something I intend to do in just two weeks). I love to see the Loon. His call reminds me of the cold and desolate North Lands.

I have completed these two panels. The client has seen both, and will make a decision within the next week or so. She is contemplating a pick-up in Studio, but may wait until Unique Boutique.











Today we will have abundant sunshine. Our High will only go to 55F. Our Low tonight will go down to 36F. The Barometer is 30.32 and steady. The Winds will come from the North at 5 to 10 MPH. Our Sunrise came this morning at 7:32AM and will set this evening at 6:06PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment