Monday, November 15, 2010



Today in Abell Maryland we get a mix of sun and clouds and a High Temperature of 61F. Our Low tonight will be 41F, but, with luck I will not see it. For today we head south to the land of the fire ant, citrus trees, alligators and deadly reptiles. But before I go, I must finish this weather, for it is the last time I shall do so. It is a most wonderful thing, when a Man realizes he is doing a thing for the last time. It adds import to the task. So, as I was saying, we will have mild temperatures for this time of year. The winds will be out of the South at 5 to 10 mph. Our dew point is 41F and our relative humidity is 71% . The Barometer stands at 30.12 inches and is falling. Our Sunrise will come at 6:41AM and will set tonight at 4:57PM. Our chance for rain is 20%. The next sunrise I see here will be the winter solstice on the 21st. of December, after which the sun will begin it's long march to the North, and bring us warm weather again.


But now for the important stuff. Palmdale's weather forecast: Sunny today in Palmdale, with a High temperature of 81F, with a Low tonight of 56F. The relative humidity is 100% with a dew point at 54F. The Barometer stands at 30.00 and is steady. The winds are calm at 0 mph. The sunrise came in over the town at 6:43AM and will set this evening at 5:32PM. The chance for rain is 0%, and that Ladies and Gentlemen is the long and the short of it. Weather in two parts of the country, one I will be leaving, one I will be going home to.


So I must now complete my packing and closing the house up. Just a quick note: I had a wonderful dinner last evening with my daughter Mary Carrice. It was great seeing her, and I hope I may be blessed to continued to do so. I love her so much, and have missed her greatly over these last years. My fingers are crossed.


We left Sala's and headed over to Jess & John's to say our "good-by's". Killian had a tear in his eye. I will miss them all, and can not wait to see them again in December.


HERE WE GO............


We were packed and ready to go at 11:30AM. We stopped for an air check on my tires at Jerry Hills, and headed off. We stopped 475 miles later at 8PM at the Lake Santee Cooper Welcome Center, exit 98 in South Carolina. Tomorrow, we should be in Palmdale by Noon, I hope. The weather has been great the whole way down. I have hooked up the generator, and have the computer plugged in to the electric. I am listening to the Redskins Monday night football game. I like to think one of the cheering crowd is my Mary Carrice.



No comments:

Post a Comment