Saturday, November 27, 2010




Cloudy with a few showers today. We will have a High of 82F. Our Low tonight will be 56F. Winds are West/Northwest at 5 to 10 mph. We have a 30% chance of rain. The Relative Humidity is 94% and the dew point is 68F. The barometer is steady at 30.03. The sun came up this morning at 6:52AM and will set this evening at 5:29PM..

I was up long before Sherry's alarm went off at 5AM. Bad dreams. I spent every sleeping moment looking for Blaine. The nightmare began with Blaine as a small child, about 4 or 5. We were at a Fair, or a Carnival. I am not certain. Blaine was wearing those bibbed coveralls that made his eyes look so blue. He was looking up at me, tugging on my pant leg, trying to get my attention. I was talking to someone, so I was ignoring Blaine. When finally I looked down, Blaine was gone. I had that "I've lost my child" panic in my chest. It was unnerving. I looked and looked and looked all night long and I could not find him. I was running here and there, looking looking looking and no Blaine. The distress was unbearable. I awoke exhausted, thankful it was just a dream, until I remembered...

Sherry and I started at it by 5:30AM. Set up was complete by 9AM. We took a nice commission order for delivery in January early in the morning. The three panels are very close to 9 square feet. Sales, on the other hand, are off 90% from last year. Wow, and we needed this one bad.

The show closed to abysmal sales. Anne Marie did point out two Frigate Birds high above the Naples Skyline though. That was the highlight of the afternoon. The evening was enjoyable. The Solomons, the Langfords, and Darrell all came over for dinner. Jimmy and Sherry cooked. It was excellent. The conversation was lively, the food was terrific and the night was beautiful. All in all it was great fun. Now, if I can have a dreamless night, and if we can sell some glass tomorrow, things might begin to be bearable. We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment