Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Time to start soldering up 'Blaine's Panel'. All of the cutting, fitting, grinding & foiling is complete. It is time to put this one to bed.

Today we will have a mostly sunny day. The afternoon will give way to some clouds. Our relative humidity is at 87% and the dew point is at 41F. The barometer stands at 30.10 and is steady for the moment. Our chance for rain is at 10%. The High today will reach 61F, and our Low will go down to 41F. The sun rose this morning under clear skies at 6:41AM and will set this evening at 4:57PM. The wind will be light on the river today, clocking out of the North/Northwest at 5 to 10mph.

I was driven from bed last night at 11:23PM. I will not go into details regarding the 'why'. Suffice to say I was awakened from a deep sleep and driven with great anxiety from the bed. I rumbled around for my phone, and finally in robe and slippers located the thing in my studio. I text Mary C. to inquire if everything was alright. She considerately text back, assuring me that all was well. I returned to the bed, relived. Silly, really. Looking always for a 'sign', attaching a 'meaning' to all things that are just the trappings of our daily life. Two weeks ago I would have shrugged this off and gone about my way. Now I am constantly looking for a thing, something that connects me. Silly, that.

The Netters are pulling the purse seine this morning. The Osprey are gone. The American Bald Eagle are gone. The Netters are going. The river is being put to sleep for the winter. It is time I go south also. It is time for me to finish the work I have here, and move on.









No comments:

Post a Comment