Tuesday, November 9, 2010






This is hard. I have such a difficult time focusing. So much to do, and time is getting short.












Sunny to partly cloudy today with a High around 60F. Winds will be North/Northwest at 10 to 20 mph. The relative humidity is 61% and the dew point is at 32F. The barometer remains steady at 29.90. Our Low tonight will reach into the low 40'sF. I am waiting for the sun to come up at 6:40AM . It will set this evening 4:58PM.


I saw an Osprey on Saturday, November 6. This is the very latest I have ever seen an Osprey. It must have been a first year bird, with a late start south. The Eagles too have gone their way, for I have yet to see one for a week or more. I thought the 7 that stayed in the neighborhood would remain throughout the winter, but apparently not. They too are off to fish a warmer shore.

I was driven from the bed at 4AM (really, 3AM, but who's paying attention). Vivid dreams, and restless thoughts. Better to make my way to the studio and do something productive.

Mark M. sent along these shots of our panel, fully installed as a transom. The work is very nice, and makes and impressive presentation! I am very happy with it, and can't wait to show Sherry.


Speaking of which; Sherry has been a rock throughout this trying time. She has propped me up and held me while I was certain I would fall. She was a shoulder to cry on, an ear to talk to, a companion, a lover, and a friend.
She looked after me, doted over me, dried my eyes, and whispered loving reassurances in my ear. She made decisions I disagreed with, that in the end were the right decisions to make. She has been generous, and understanding. She is my best friend in the entire world, and I would not change that for anything, I love her all the more for the love and devotion she has offered up to me during this painful journey.

I stopped work on Blaine's Transom (really, Judy F's transom, but I refer to it as Blaine's, as I work on it, and through it during this trying time) and started loading glass and supplies. We took the truck to Jerry's for an oil change and service before we head south. Sherry has been, and is now packing up her studio. I have only to finish this one panel, and then I am done with glass for a week or more.

I spoke with Mary C. today, which was very nice. I hope she is OK, but she is a difficult one to read. I also called her mother, which was also nice. I wish her well and hope that she will be fine. I know she is suffering beyond belief. It is disturbing to see her in such deep, deep pain. I hope she is able, through the help of her friends and family, to pull out of this. I hope. Blaine would want that. He would not want to see her in this pain. There is nothing to be said. It is so sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment