Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We awoke at 4AM to showers and 30MPH winds. It is said to be clearing this afternoon, with Highs in the upper 70'sF and Lows tonight in the upper 50'sF. There is a bit of the Fall weather in the air this morning. Our Relative Humidity is at 100% and the dew point is 70F, so rain is likely. The Barometer is holding steady at 29.69 with winds from the South at 10 to 20mph. The Sunrise came at 6:58 and will set at 6:54.

We collected Capt.Bill & Ms. Emmy this morning at 5:30am and headed off to the George Washington University Medical Center for Capt. Bills heart surgery. He is scheduled to have an 11AM procedure in which he will receive a pace maker and defibrillator. The ride went well in heavy traffic and wet roads, and we arrived in plenty of time at 8AM sharp. I dropped everyone off at the front door, and headed home. Sherry called at 9:30 to say they had taken Bill off for prep. They are still trying to solve the sleeping arrangements, ie: hotel or private room but expect to have a decision by the time they take Capt.Bill in.

For myself, I intend cleaning up my studio, and getting to work on the last of my commissions, ie: Larry R, and Colbertson. Once completed, it should be clear sailing into November. I might put this off until the following week, as I am in the mood to paint a little, and begin a new project I have in mind to do. We shall see.
Here is the next Pecan Point Heron I am painting up and getting ready for the kiln. I would like to get this done today, so I can continue work on the panel tomorrow.

Great News this afternoon: Capt.Bill went in to surgery at 11:00AM and was out by 1:00PM. Everything went wonderfully! He was in ICU for a short period, and then straight back to his room. He was up and eating by Dinner time. Sherry and Ms.Emmy got a room at a really swank downtown hotel. I looks as if everything is going to be great. I am to go up tomorrow and collect them for their trip back home. It looks as if Capt.Bill will be out tomorrow at 11AM!






No comments:

Post a Comment