Monday, September 6, 2010

Mimi, coming in with a roll of chicken necken' line. She set the kids up on Art & Nancy's pier, and they immediately began catching crabs!
The Honey Bees are all over the Hummingbird Feeder, so I whipped up a quart of sugar water, and threw together this welfare bee feeder. They are working hard to put up stores for the winter.
The Blue Dog watches as Killian makes the long reach for a big Jimmy crab!

Everybody is in on the act! It is looking like we will get a good bunch of crabs for dinner tonight!

The kids take a break from chicken necken' to go out on the water for a little.

I received a really nice call today, from a couple that purchased a panel from us at the Whaleshead Club last week. They love the panel and "...I am really picky about art, and did not think the stained glass would do what you said it would, but when I got it hung, it is the most beautiful thing in the house!...". A high compliment indeed.




















Beautiful Sunrise on the River at 6:39AM. This squall line of Cumulonimbus Clouds had some pretty massive towers. I suspect these had formed out over the ocean. They certainly were impressive. Today we are to have sunny skies with Highs in the mid 80'sF. and Lows in the upper 50'sF. Our winds are from the Southeast at 5 to 10 mph. Our dew point is at 59F. and our Relative Humidity is very low. The Barometer is holding steady at 30.14. Our sun will set this evening at 7:28PM. It looks to be a beautiful day!


I was up at 4:30AM this morning. The night sky was stunningly clear, with very low light pollution. I caught a falling star moving east to west across the clear sky. I thought about what I would wish for, and decided that I have everything I could possibly want, so instead gave thanks for what I had.

Sherry was up early. Her first call was to Jess to ask if she could get the kids for some more serious chicken necken this morning. Jess was up and already in the office. She told Mimi to go fetch the children, as they had chores, but would probably rather be on the river. John is gathering up materials necessary for construction of a trout lining operation. He has it in mind to go trout line today. If we take the kids, and if Jess can get away from the office in time, maybe they can have some time together this afternoon, trout lining. If all goes as planned, we will have crabs and ribs tonight for dinner, over here.

Sherry's second call was to Ms. Emmy to check on Capt.Bill. Ms. Emmy reported that all is well at the Sonntag household. Capt.Bill is doing well, so we have gone through another night, and get closer to being well again.

Sherry is a wonderful daughter, mother, grandmother, and wife. She is everything I could possibly ask for, and so much more. What a wonderful partner I have in her. She is always doing for others. If there is a more selfless person alive today, I do not know of them. I wish I could be half the person she is. I truly do love her.

I have completed the preliminary layout of the VanWyk commission, and am awaiting approval. Today I will start on the Munson panels. It is really wonderful to have so many commissions, and all of this work. I do for a living, what most people do for relaxation. If the Good Lord called me away today, I would happily go, having been given this last decade of life with Sherry, doing what it is I love to do, with someone I love doing it with. What a blessing life is!

Most of the Osprey have left for the winter. Now we have transients, moving down from the Eastern Shore, Delaware Bay, and points north. They stop and fish for a time, and move on to southern waters. The first ones down get the best nesting sites. My Osprey tree is empty. Now is the time to build my Osprey nesting platform from the telephone pole I absconded from along VanWard road. If I can get this done, I will have a nice stand for next years first timers. Additionally, I must get the Martin House down and get it cleaned out for next years brood. So much to do, so little time! As my Aunt Treva would say, "If not for work, what would we have". Truly, an axiom to live by!













No comments:

Post a Comment