Thursday, September 16, 2010



A splendid morning on the river, with a 6:48 AM sunrise under partly cloudy skies. The temperature this morning was in the lower 60'sF with a slight breeze out of the South at 10MPH. Our High today will reach into the upper 80'sF. The relative humidity stands at 83% with a dew point hovering at 68F. The barometric pressure is holding steady at 30.07 millibars. Our sunset will come at 7:13PM this evening.

I was up at 7AM., and missed the sunrise. I was pretty beat, and did not get as good a nights sleep as I needed. But the day has dawned bright, and we will finish the push to complete the work we have on deck. Tag and Bag today, as tomorrow is an early morning set up.

Ms. Emmy came by this morning to help Sherry clean up and prep. for our company. How sweet of her to come over and help. She knows we are in the throws of it. Even though she has much to do to prepare for their trip to Georgia tomorrow, she has set aside time for her daughter. What a wonderful woman she is. Tomorrow, Billy & Kelly will be taking Capt.Bill and Ms. Emmy to Atlanta, Ga. for Leah & Joey's Wedding. We hate to miss it, but ArtFest is our biggest show of the season. We all wish them a wonderful trip. Judy, Ruth and the Georgia crew are all very excited about everyone coming into town for the happy nuptials. Sorry to miss this, but we must work.

Company is coming in tomorrow, Delores, Dieter, Jason & Ann Marie. This will be fun!

Time to get to work!


I don't need a whole lots of money,
I don't need a big fine car.
I got everything that a man could want,
I got more than I could ask for....

Finished out to be a very good, and productive day. We completed 9 transoms, one Elegant Egret, 5 masks, 5-60 mm diamond cut crystals, and two custom side lights. Additionally we removed three large panels from wood frames, re-ringed them and got them into inventory. Everything tagged-n-bagged the truck loaded and all packed up and ready for set-up tomorrow. In addition, I got another glue chip circles & arrows silvered stained and loaded into the kiln. Tomorrow when I get back from Ann Marie Gardens I will be ready to begin foiling this next panel. I am excited about this project as it is something I wanted to do for a long time now.

John stopped by today, after his visit to Capt.Bills & Ms. Emmy's. He was checking up on me, and wanted to see if we needed any help setting up tomorrow. What a great son-in-law. We are so lucky to have him in our lives.

I finished up the day with a wonderful meal prepared by Sherry. Baked pork chops, peas and brown rice. She is so good, stopping what she is doing in Studio, to prepare a healthy meal for us all. I am so in love with that girl!

Well, tomorrow is the big set up day, and this weekend is the really BIG ArtFest weekend. It looks as if we are going to get really good weather. I hope the crowds show up for the art! I am pushing hard to make my numbers, so we really have to turn it on for this last push.







No comments:

Post a Comment