Tuesday, September 14, 2010



An absolutely beautiful morning on the river! I was up at 6AM and the temperature was sitting at 60F. Certainly a touch of the Fall is on the river this morning. Today we will be blessed with sunny skies and a 0% chance of rain. The relative humidity is low, as I can clearly see the Virginia shore line. The Barometric pressure is holding steady at 29.94. We will have a Low tonight of 57F and a High today of 84F. Our sunrise came at 6:46 and sunset will be at 7:16. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer and Old Man Winter will soon be raising his ugly head. Not for us though. Florida is only 63 days away!

It was a beautiful sunrise this morning on the river. The Johnny Cranes (the ones still around) are hanging out on the Pound Net waiting for breakfast. All of the Osprey are gone, as is the Blue Gross Beak. I will put his leaving at last 11th recent, as that was the last time I say him, just before we left for the last show. He will be missed. I hope to see him again next May, but in order to do so, he will have much work to do, and a dangerous trek to successfully make. It is a long way to Costa Rica. I hope he makes int down and back.

Today I will finish up the VanWlk commission, and begin in earnest on the Starry Night Transoms. Sherry is determined to have 6 in inventory this week. Normally, what Sherry wants, happens. I am anxious to begin, as I love making glass!

I dreamed of Mary last night. She was comforting me and telling me how she loved me. I was crying, and telling her how much I missed her and wanted her back home. I think I was dying. Odd dream, that. I don't normally have emotional dreams. It must have been the frozen pizza.

We're off! Time to make some beautiful glass.







No comments:

Post a Comment