Sunday, September 5, 2010

Look who showed up at my feed this evening, The Blue Gross Beak! Looks as if he will stay around for awhile longer. Last year I had him leaving in mid-August. Maybe he is telling me it will stay milder, longer. I can hope!


A nice big raft of Canada Geese lit in front of my studio this afternoon. I do not think they are residents though. It is a bit early to have geese coming down from the Arctic so soon in the year, but it may be cooling down up there enough to drive down some early birds. If they are residents, they will be around on the river regularly, so I will watch and see.
Here is a nice mess of crabs taken from the pot this afternoon. Capt. Bill and Ms.Emmy came by to gather them up. Ms. Emmy is to pick them, and either eat them outright, or made cakes for the winter.

Sherry dips for a large male found hanging on the piling.
Sherry and Ms.Emmy dumping the pots into Ms. Emmy's bucket.
more of this later... Time to get back to the busy work of building beautiful stained glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment