Friday, September 10, 2010



If I gave you everything that I owned 
And asked for nothing in return 
Would you do the same for me 
  as I would for you? 
Or take me for a ride 
And strip me of everything, 
  including my pride?
But spirit is something that no one destroys. 
Man, that decade slipped by pretty quickly!
From emasculation to emancipation...what a ride this life is!  









Looks like we get another sunny end of summer day. We will have a high today of only 72F. Our low this morning is 52F. It is chilly, and getting close to the time I put these shorts away, and break out the long sleeves! We are predicted to have winds of 10 to 15mph out of Northwest. The relative humidity is at 76% and the dew point is 45F. with a zero % chance of rain. The Barometer is holding steady at 29.92. Our sunrise will come at 6:43AM this morning, and we will get our sunset at 7:22PM.

I was up at 4:30 this morning. It is a tag & bag day, but I needed to get some paperwork done before we started the loading process. I want to go over to Jeff & Tammy's this morning, move my blind back a bit, and try to get a couple of good Eagle shots.

There are a couple of sail boats gunk-holing right in front of the house this morning, a mid-sized sloop and a blue water catamaran. They came in yesterday afternoon late, One has a Florida registry.
(For those of you who don't know what "Gunkholing" is, a gunkhole is a nautical term used to describe a shoal water, or sheltered cove for anchoring. When you go "gunkholing" you are just cruising the bay or river, and you put in for the night in any protected anchorage. Depending upon the direction and strength of the wind, we periodically get "gunkholers" in front of the house. It is a little like having neighbors for the evening, a rare thing down here (you have to be careful about how you walk out of the house in the morning!). Really good gunkholes are posted on internet message boards, and in sailing magazines. They fill up pretty quick on weekends in the summer, with "rafts" of boats, tied one to another at anchorage. Normally, everyone is drunk).

I got a little work done this morning in studio, before I went out to photograph the sunrise. I frightened four Eagles out of the big loblolly pine, two adults and two juveniles. I really wanted a shot of them, but alas, I missed.

We tagged and bagged, loaded up and were off at noon. We arrived here in Alexandria Virginia at around 2PM and got a pretty good parking space. Sherry made a really good shrimp salad (she makes the best salads!) and fixed me a plate after I got the camper set up. Tomorrow morning I will be up at 2AM and setting up by 4AM. Weather looks good for Saturday, and fair for Sunday. We are hoping for a big show.

No comments:

Post a Comment