Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Transoms in layout. I have four laid out in my studio while Sherry is working on five on her side. I am using dichroic rondels just fired and removed from the kiln. One made it through to a perfect disk. The other not so much. I split the one into quarters, and the other I have made into a "Circles & Arrows". Time to start foiling!

I had to put this up! Jess sent this to me. She told me the story and it goes something like this. Killian spoke up from the hall and says to Jess,"...Mama, do you want to see Steve?". Jess thought he had his "pocket Steve", but when she looked up.....well, here is "Mini Steve" complete with hat, hard shoes, and glasses hung from his polo shirt. Boy, this kid has got a great sense of humor!




Another beautiful sunrise on the river this morning.Our little cottage on the river. The trees are beginning to get some yellow.



Today we will have abundant sunshine, with Highs in the lower 80'sF. Lows tonight will be in the 50's with winds from the West/Northwest at 5 to 10 mph. The chance of rain is 0% and the barometer is holding steady at 30.11. We had a sunrise this morning at 6:47AM and our sunset will com at 7:14

Another stellar sunrise this morning. Sherry is up at 6AM and off for her day's chores. She has to run some tax papers over to our accountant, and than collect her vitals for our pending company.

I am off to the studio to continue work on the four transoms I have laid out.

It looks as if the Hummers have left. Good luck on your long run south!

Well, we had a little bump in the road this afternoon. A material delivery came in from our New Jersey supplier. In the process of putting the materials into our storage area, I laid a box on the floor, adjacent to our sheet glass storage crates. This was a very stupid move. After unloading one box, I turn, abruptly tripped over the box, and landed with my right arm in a crate of sheet glass. I had nicked an artery in the process, and had a squirter on my hands (well, hand singular actually, as my hand got a pretty good slice also). I clamped down on the wound, and called out to Sherry. I instructed her to get a compress, which she did, along with a Ace Bandage. We wrapped it as best we could, and headed off the the ER. Jess showed up 20 minutes, dressed to the "9s'" in a black evening dress, looking ravishing, as always. I got my 16 stitches in the arm, a butterfly on the hand and we were off . Leaving the ER and the Hospital, every man (and some women) we passes stopped what they were doing, to watch Jess walk by. I do not think she even knows what effect she has on men. It is funny to watch. Sherry got me to the pharmacy for meds, took me home, made me dinner, and generally has pampered me since I was hurt. She is a really great mate, partner, wife, and part time nurse. I am a very luck man to have a woman such as she!



No comments:

Post a Comment