Wednesday, September 8, 2010



A cool and comfortable 73F. this moring, under a blood red 6:41AM sunrise. We have a 20% chance of an early morning shower, than skies will turn partly cloudy. We will have a high near 90F. and a Low tonight in the lower 60'sF. Our Relative Humidity is 73% and the Barometer is steady at 29.94. Our Dew Point is 64F., so we certainly could get a little rain before the temperatures begin to raise. Our winds will be brisk by this afternoon, coming from the West/Southwest at 10 to 20MPH. However, because they are off shore, we probably will not feel them as much as the Virginia side of the river. Our Sunset this evening will come at 7:25PM. And now for my day.

This Great Blue Heron is taking up residence on Art & Nancy's pier. I would love to get a shot of him with the sunrise behind him. They are a very weary bird out here, and it is difficult to get these shots. If I set up upriver of the bird while it is still dark, maybe I could get a shot. I think I will try this tomorrow.

The Eagles are all over the river. I had three in the tall pine at Jeff & Tammy's. Two adults and a Juvenile. They stay most of the day. Now that all of the Osprey have left, the Eagles have free rein over the place. I hear them screaming and chortling all day long.


The Sunrise came blood red this morning which is suppose to purport rain. It certainly was a beautiful sunrise, and a great way to start the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment