Friday, March 12, 2010

We left Palmdale at 10:30 this morning, on our way to Jupiter Beach for the Jupiter by the Sea Art Festival. We left at 10:30AM so as to time a visit to the Banana Man in Clewistown. Just south of the Sand Mines on Rt. 27 we saw this automobile accident. It had just happened. Sherry saw a young Hispanic kid in the scrub, and he appeared hurt. We stop and, while Sherry called 911, I went and talked to the boy. He seemed dazed and confused, and whether he spoke English or not, I could not tell. I kept asking him is anyone was in the car. He had blood on him, and blood was pooling around his eyes. I did not touch him for fear of doing more damage to him. I could not see anyone in the car, but at that time it was fully involved. The boy had apparently not been wearing his seat belt, and had been thrown from the car during a roll. He was very lucky. If anyone was in the car with him, they did not fair so well. The police came after about 5 minutes. While the officer attended to the kid, I gave him my name and phone number, a left the scene, as there was nothing more I could do to help. Sherry was quite shaken by all of this, and kept repeating, "...poor kid...". I think the kid was exceptionally lucky. Had he had his seat belt on, or had the door not come off of the car during the roll, he would not be filing a police report. He would be getting prepped for an autopsy. The car was a Toyota.On our way once again, we made it to the Banana Mans' by Noon. Several telephone calls and we were able to locate him. We purchased two bunches, snapped his photo, and were on our way to Jupiter Beach.
We arrived without incident, set-up the Scamp, and proceeded to our location at H1, near the North end of the festival. It rained buckets during the set-up process. I erected the EZ-Up tent first, to have some place for dry storage. After the Show Off tent was up, I began off loading and setting up the stands. Sherry showed up with a snack for me, and we finished about 5PM. A quick trip to the Grocery Store, back home for dinner, and off to bed. 5AM tomorrow I have to finish set up, for all of the big sales tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment