Wednesday, March 3, 2010

50F this morning. A high of 63F is predicted for today. Yet another cold front is moving through south central Florida. This weekend is predicted to be clear, but chilly with overnight lows in the lower 40's with highs in the lower 60's. This has got to be the coldest winter on record in Florida. What's an artist to do, book festivals in Cuba? Today I will finish The Fisheating Creek Egrets. Once completed they will be crated for delivery to Naples. I have to build a 13' table for the Simon's Transom. I will need 4-posts, 5-2X4X8, 1-Sheet 3/4" Plywood, and 1-Sheet Masonite. I intend to gather this up on my way back from Naples. This is a nice project that has been one year in the making. I will be happy to get it off of the table. I still have Arleen's Door, and Richard's two cabinet doors, and a side light in cobalt to complete. After that I have to get Deter's two panels designed and presented for approval. This last is an interesting project, as Deter is a good client who has three of our panels, (a Sibley's Heron with two custom sidelights). This latest project involves horizontal panels of flowers. The flowers were photographed in Denali Preserve, Alaska. We began with a very nice design of a Calla Lilly, as requested, but they changed their mind and submitted three flower photos. I will present all four designs, and let them make the selections. Finally, I have to push to get approval on the Pocono Heron. I have presented a preliminary drawing and cost budget estimate, and followed up two weeks later with a call. For now, it is off to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment