Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Up early this morning, in order to get the Bowman Commission out of the way. The weather was very nice, with a low of 59F and a High of 79F. The commissions got finished early, and called the Bowmans. We will meet at the Studio tomorrow, and do the hand off. I have to get the old gleass back into the cabinet frames, and package the glass for pick-up. I started immediately on replacement inventory, Number 9. This piece is done in clears, and will be delivered to Tom the Cabinet Maker tomorrow, to be framed. This is something I really want to get into inventory, as I think it will sell.
Sherry continued work on replacement inventory, completing several Nautilus Shell, and a Dragonfly. Additionally, she started the Connor Commission. She has taken this commission from her first meeting with the Client in Sarasota, through meeting with the client at our studio, through glass selection, preliminary design, cost budgeting, through construction. I am very proud of her.
By late afternoon Sherry was feeling under the weather, with a bit of a cold coming on. I closed down the studio, and came in to fix a dinner of baked chicken, yellow rice, and field peas. A large red sholdered hawk landed in the live oak, just outside the kitchen window. The hammock is full of migratory birds now. Black & White Warblers, Yellow rumped Warblers, Blue Grey Nat Catchers, Cat Birds, Pine Warblers, Palm Warblers and many I can't identify. In addition, the regulars are here in force; American Goldfinch, Painted Buntings, Cardinals, Red Bellied Woodpecker, Northern Flicker just to name a few. I love the bird life here.

Tomorrow I polish the panels and get ready for my meeting with the Bowmans. I have to take the Number 9 over to Tom for installation in a frame. Sherry has to go in town to show in preperation for the Kids and Easter. I have to tag & bag, mow the grass, and prepare for Lake Wales. Big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment